Join our Team as PROGRAM MANAGER
LatinoBuilt is a trade association for Latino Contractors in Oregon. A 501(c)(6) nonprofit whose purpose is to support and empower construction companies.
The Program Manager plays an essential role in supporting and empowering Latino-owned construction businesses with training and education. This individual will work directly with the Executive Director, Board of Directors and staff members to develop and manage all aspects of LatinoBuilt’s bilingual and biliterate training and education programs. The Program Manager has the ability to think strategically, collaborate, build relationships and consensus, use positive influence and credibility to help drive results for LatinoBuilt and its members.
Responsibilities will include:
- Planning: Hit the ground running with LatinoBuilt’s existing training and education plan, modifying and tweaking it as necessary at implementation level to achieve desired outcomes. Consistently engage board, LB team, and partners in an appropriate and productive way, including reporting progress and results.
- Program Development and management: Fully own all details of training and education programming, from finalizing the current vision to execution to reporting. In detail: organizing training details, designing/creating events communications in Spanish and English, influencing marketing efforts, engaging and working with partners and sponsors, facilitating all training and education events, ensuring excellent quality training, and measuring impact. Implement current programming while also creating new training per the demands of our members, communities we serve, and industry demands/changes.
- Evaluation and learning: Build and manage an evaluation and learning plan to measure impact for all training and education efforts, ensuring LatinoBuilt is constantly learning from its own work, the small businesses it serves, and the Latino Construction community with whom we serve. Adapt programming over time, as necessary, to respond to and align with the learnings.
- Relationship building: Regularly engage with program partners, small businesses, peer organizations, and the foundation board to ensure needs are met, curiosities are satisfied, and positive partnerships are maintained both internally and externally.
- Bachelor’s degree or certification(s) in business, education (adult/postsecondary), program management, project management, or equivalent specialized related work experience
- A minimum of three 3 years of professional experience, with considerable time spent in working with small businesses or small business ownership, in adult education and training, and/or construction management
- A minimum of two years of experience within, or working with, the construction industry
- Understands adult/postsecondary education and/or training
- Bilingual and biliterate (English and Spanish)
- Ability to manage extremely complex projects with multiple workstreams, many diverse people/organizations/perspectives and on tight timelines
- Maintains a solutions-oriented mindset; assumes full ownership and accountability for workset by the Executive Director.
- Ability to balance bold ideas with a humble attitude; always seeking to learn more
- Outstanding listening skills, creativity, and entrepreneurial spirit
- Consistently resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities and environments
- Ability to work effectively with diverse concepts, individuals, and organizations
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively; possess a strong team spirit while maintaining professional confidence to get things done independently when necessary.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in Spanish and English; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Microsoft Office Suite/Google Suite proficiency
- Knowledge or experience using EventBrite, MailChimp, Adobe Creative Suite
- Committed to the success of small businesses and entrepreneurship in construction
- Passionate about the Latino community
- Personal High integrity and ethics, and strong people instincts in identifying this quality in others
Job type: Full time
Schedule: Regularly Monday-Friday with some weekend commitments
Compensation: $47,000-$57,000 depending on experience
LatinoBuilt is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
To apply, click the button below: