The green program assistant will work under LatinoBuilt’s Green Contractors Program supporting the development and implementation of the program. The green program assistant will be a key player contributing to the launch of our emerging program funded largely under Portland’s Climate Investment plan, and other Energy Efficiency industry investments.
This position will get to interact directly with LatinoBuilt member minority owned businesses. Leading essential member outreach work & community outreach, LatinoBuilt University Courses as they relate to Green Construction Curriculum.
An essential part of your tasks will include our work with our client Energy Trust of Oregon. (ETO) Project coordination, tracking reporting and Invoicing on Energy Trust projects, & the specific delivery of the scopes outlined in ETO contracts.
Support with planning, developing, and being present at our various community outreach events specifically promoting our collaboration with ETO and Green programs offered to LatinoBuilt members will be part of this role.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Essential culturally specific member Outreach work.
- Support with LatinoBuilt University Courses as they relate to the Green Construction Curriculum
- Support with planning, developing, and being present at our various community outreach events specifically promoting our collaboration with ETO and Green programs offered to members.
- Tracking reporting & Invoicing on Energy Trust (ETO) projects. Invoicing is sent monthly to ETO on the 10
- Community Engagement with reputable organizations advancing the energy efficiency and clean energy industries.
- Support with enrollment of LB Members into the Residential & Commercial Trade Ally Programs with Energy Trust of Oregon.
- Comprehensive support with our Community Partner Funder (CPF) Program.
- Implement outreach strategy to identify eligible homeowners.
- Coordinate Home Energy Assessments, (HEAs)
- Facilitate Community Partner Funding Measures
- Technical Assistance for LatinoBuilt Members on CPF.
- Support with Energy Trust incentive application processes.
- Collaboration with CBOs & Industry Partners.
- Customer Service for ETO Customers
Qualifications | Education & Experience:
- Strong Program Management & Organizational skills
- Strong Bilingual Skills, written and verbal (English & Spanish)
- Knowledgeable in Green Building strategies. Familiar with Energy Efficiency scopes & Deep Energy Retrofits.
- Familiarity with terminology and initiatives around sustainability in the built environment. (e.g. Net Zero Building, Energy Efficiency Strategies, ZERO Energy Retrofits, Building Decarbonization, Building Electrification, Embodied Carbon,)
- Familiarity with building Mechanical Systems and equipment for residential applications.
- General knowledge in the Residential Construction Project process.
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Green Building Credentials (e.g. SHP, LEED GA, LEED AP, other)
- Capable of reading project blueprints. Architectural project plans.
- Knowledge on federal Incentives & Rebates, state issued and regional building upgrade programs offered.
- Knowledge on the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) or other Federal Funding.
- Proactive, self motivated, ability to work independently
- Proficient in Microsoft products (word, excel, power point), familiar with Google suites.
- Ability to collaborate well in a team setting, and fast past environments.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to handle conflict & work well under pressure
- Strong bilingual Communication skills
Salary and Benefits:
- Job Type: Full-time
- Schedule: M-F, 8:00 am-5:00 pm, with some evening and weekend commitments
- Salary: $53,000-$58,000 DOE
- Benefits: package includes comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance & PTO
- Location: LatinoBuilt office, 8548 SW Apple Way, Portland, Ore. 97225
Application Instructions To apply please send:
- Your Resume
- A cover letter detailing what in your background and experience qualifies you for this position.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
It is the policy of LatinoBuilt that no person shall be discriminated against based on race, religion, color, sex, marital status, family status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or source of income. LatinoBuilt values diversity and encourages everyone interested in employment with LatinoBuilt to apply. Non-citizen applicants must be authorized to work in the United States at the time of application.