*THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED*
LatinoBuilt is a trade association for Latino Contractors in Oregon. A 501(c)(6) nonprofit whose purpose is to support and empower construction companies.
The Community Engagement Manager plays an essential role in supporting and empowering Latino-owned construction businesses.
This individual will work directly with the Executive Director, Board of Directors and staff members to develop and manage all aspects of LatinoBuilt’s bilingual communications and community services. The Community Engagement Manager has the ability to think strategically, collaborate, build relationships and consensus, use positive influence and credibility to help drive results for LatinoBuilt and its members.
Responsibilities will include:
- Community Engagement: Regularly engage with program partners, small businesses, peer organizations, and the foundation board to ensure needs are met, curiosities are satisfied, and positive partnerships are maintained both internally and externally. Establish excellent rapport that cultivates and engages the Latino and construction community in the organization’s mission.
- Member Services: Manage all details of membership administration. In detail: Organize and follow up on membership leads, process new member applications, membership dues, payments and information changes or additions and database input, diligently and timely pursuit of member renewal and process requests, organize monthly Membership Committee meetings and facilitate membership surveys and check ins.
- Communication: Manage organization’s communications. Including: responding to phone calls and emails, content creation translation and organization of newsletters, social media and member communications and adapt communications plan over time, as necessary, to respond to and align with our mission.
- Event Coordinating: Organization of all event details, designing/creating events communications in Spanish and English, influencing marketing efforts, engaging and working with partners, vendors and sponsors, facilitating all day of detail and ensuring excellent quality events.
- Donor Relations: Organize, track and send receipts for donors and sponsors. Influence development of best donor relations process.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree or certification(s) in business, marketing, communication, public administration, or equivalent specialized related work experience
- A minimum of three 3 years of professional experience, with considerable time spent in working with small businesses or small business ownership, in communications/marketing, and/or construction management
- A minimum of two years of experience within, or working with, the construction industry
- Understands the Latino construction culture
- Bilingual and biliterate (English and Spanish)
- Ability to manage extremely complex projects with multiple workstreams, many diverse people/organizations/perspectives and on tight timelines
- Maintains a solutions-oriented mindset; assumes full ownership and accountability for workset by the Executive Director
- Ability to balance bold ideas with a humble attitude; always seeking to learn more
- Outstanding listening skills, creativity, and entrepreneurial spirit
- Consistently resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities and environments
- Ability to work effectively with diverse concepts, individuals, and organizations
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively; possess a strong team spirit while maintaining professional confidence to get things done independently when necessary
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Spanish and English; a persuasive and passionate communicator with strong interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Microsoft Office/Google Suite and social media proficiency
- Knowledge or experience using EventBrite, MailChimp, Canva, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress
- Committed to the success of small businesses and entrepreneurship in construction
- Passionate and understands the Latino culture and community
- Personal high integrity and ethics, and strong people instincts in identifying this quality in others
Job type: Full time
Schedule: Regularly Monday-Friday with some weekend commitments
Compensation: $50,000 depending on experience
To be considered for this position please send a cover letter and resume to Rosa@Latinobuilt.org.
LatinoBuilt is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.