*THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED* Lead Our Team!
LatinoBuilt (LB) is a trade association for Latino Contractors in Oregon whose primary purpose is to support and empower Latino-owned businesses in construction. LB works with partners within the community to address current inequities and connects contractors to public works project opportunities. Since being established three years ago, LatinoBuilt has experienced tremendous growth. The Executive Director position provides a challenging and meaningful opportunity for a leader passionate about serving the Latino community with solid relationship-building skills.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for the successful leadership and management of the organization according to the strategic direction set by the Board.
- Oversee and manage the daily operations of the organization.
- Supervise, cultivate and collaborate with organization staff/interns and volunteers
- Lead and implement a strategic plan with staff and board
- Serve as a spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media, and the general public
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and to advance the organizations mission
- Create, organize, maintain, and execute the communication plan
- Create, review and edit written communications (grants, contracts and proposals) for the workings of the organization
- Proven ability, knowledge and experience to hire and manage employees
- Ability to interact with various stakeholders is critical to the success and growth of LatinoBuilt, so the ED will be expected to coordinate with our 501c(6) Foundation to achieve mutual development goals
- Communicate to the Board and Membership of any impending legislative issues or concerns in a timely manner
- Event support to include planning and management of all event aspects
- Full engagement and participation at all events
- Donor relations to include proactive outreach, frequent check-in, and prompt response to any communication
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors
- Attend as many networking events and partners meetings as possible (critical to the role)
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary: Starting Salary $80K+
Location: LatinoBuilt office ~ 10006 SW Canyon Road, Portland, Ore. 97225
To Qualify the following are required:
- Knowledge and experience in the construction industry and working with government entities is preferred but not required
- Knowledge and experience regarding the growth of a small business
- Knowledge and experience applying the basic principles and practices of effective training methods for small business firms
- Knowledge and experience developing fundraising activities and grant writing
- Ability to understand, interpret and respond to internal and external customer needs and expectations.
- Ability to speak and write fluent Spanish.
- Ability to be a hands-on and engaged leader.
- A valid state drivers’ license and an acceptable driving record at the time of hire.
How to Apply:
Applicants must submit a cover letter and professional resume focused on qualifications for this position as identified in the “To Qualify” section of this announcement by the following application instructions:
Your resume and cover letter will be the basis for evaluating your qualifications for this position. Incomplete or inappropriate information might result in disqualification.
- Your cover letter should include details describing your education, training, and/or experience and where they were obtained. It should clearly reflect your qualifications for each of the numbered items in this announcement’s “To Qualify” section. Your resume should support the details described in the cover letter.
- Your resume and cover letter should be no more than a total of (4) pages, not including the Job Application combined.
All completed applications for this position must be submitted by March 31, 2022 by 4:30pm. Please email all applications to email@example.com and CC firstname.lastname@example.org
It is the policy of LatinoBuilt that no person shall be discriminated against based on race, religion, color, sex, marital status, family status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or source of income. LatinoBuilt values diversity and encourages everyone interested in employment with LatinoBuilt to apply. Non-citizen applicants must be authorized to work in the United States at the time of application.