Join our Team as our Bilingual Membership Assistant
Supervised by: Executive Director
LatinoBuilt is passionate about creating opportunities for Latino contractors and the ideal candidate shares our enthusiasm and drive to make a difference in the Latino construction community. Our Membership Assistant is a self starter, fast learner, highly motivated, hard working, bilingual, person who enjoys working with people, and has the drive to learn and grow with our organization.
- Process new member applications, membership dues and database input.
- Process renewal requests, payments and information changes or additions.
- Attend the monthly Membership Committee meetings.
- Reply to member phone calls and emails.
- Support developing relationships with members and attend to requests.
- Update member e-newsletter database.
- Support administrative duties of the Membership Committee.
- Manage member files to ensure completeness.
- Track Membership classification changes.
- Assist with member communications.
- Engage members in the organization’s mission.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting staff with member services.
- Assisting staff with updating member information.
- Maintaining and updating the LatinoBuilt’s membership database.
- Organizing and tracking donors and sponsors.
- Scheduled staff meetings.
- Bimonthly Board meetings.
- Monthly Membership Committee meetings.
- Member of the Membership Committee.
- Work in-office ( and have the ability to work remotely as needed)
Qualified candidates will be/have:
- A commitment to the mission of LatinoBuilt.
- Passion for effective communication and dynamic customer service skills.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented individual with superior written, verbal and organizational skills.
- Fluent Spanish/English bilingual in both writing and verbal form.
- Excellent computer skills with experience in Microsoft office and Google suite.
- The ability to work independently and with others – members, volunteers, and donors.
- Dependability, flexibility, and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- The ability to work well under pressure and with deadlines.
- Demonstrates continuous learning.
- Familiarity with construction.
- Previous work history success in similar role.
Job type: Part-time
Hours: 24 per week, 8 hours a day
Schedule: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
Rate: $18.25 an hour (Ability for advancement within the first year)
Language: Spanish (Required)
Office environment is lightly staffed, easy to socially distance from others and very few drop-in visitors. All safety and clean precautions are followed daily.